Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition Logs (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   My food IS better than yours!! (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2847)

Frank Needham 08-07-2008 12:32 PM

My food IS better than yours!!

There, I've thrown down the gauntlet. Pshaw to your breakfast and avocado logs I say. Now, show me what you've got. What food, condiment, etc. is it exactly that you call delightful enough to wax poetic about?

Without question nor argument, at the top of my food list is something that makes my mouth water every time: PESTO SAUCE
What a wonderful thing it truely is. When placed on a chilled salad (it has to be a tad warm to truely be presented properly) it tastes so fine that I find myself literally gorging on something so mundane as greens? If one of those little leafy buggers escapes my lips I find myself snatching it off the table in the hope that my taste sensation tingles yet awhile longer. If you happen to be so sheltered that you have not tried PESTO SAUCE that is truley sad, and you are without hope my friend. This should be mandatory eating flavor for anyone that considers themselves rightful of an epicurean excursion of heaven. Do not dare to quibble with me about the fact that this wonderful edible product has a some parmegian cheese sprinkled in it either.

You can't touch that.

Yuen Sohn 08-07-2008 03:15 PM

Are there any rules? Can I post more than 1 food item? Can Cookiepuss count as a food item?

Craig Brown 08-07-2008 03:33 PM

My favorite thing right now is a sauce made of Ponzu, rice vinegar, and olek sambal chili paste. Stir fry heaven.

Frank Needham 08-07-2008 05:00 PM

Yoon, you can do anything you like as far as I'm concerned. Cookiepuss included. But, just to humor me?us? and maybe create a livelier thread, it would probably be better to share one item at a time?

Frank Needham 08-07-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Brown (Post 36488)
My favorite thing right now is a sauce made of Ponzu, rice vinegar, and olek sambal chili paste. Stir fry heaven.

Sounds interesting but what do you stir fry in it? Anything you want? Maybe including a fav dish one uses their particular choice on would be a good idea.

sarena kopciel 08-07-2008 06:03 PM

Just made some pesto today. And I dont add the cheese. Am also marinating some chicken thighs in pesto to grill tomorrow!

Paul McKirdy 08-07-2008 06:14 PM

My taste buds tonight were just introduced to duck fat... Haven't figured out how to describe it yet... :D <LayingBackInSeatDroolingInDelight/>

Allen Yeh 08-07-2008 09:24 PM

grilled chicken breasts sliced thinly + gobs of pesto + virgin olive oil + pine nuts + parmesean cheese = awesomness

Frank Needham 08-08-2008 05:55 AM

Righteous, more pesto fans...goes on just about anything too. Being a snotty purist, I don't know if I can even handle the thought of it without parmegian. Oh well, the world's going to Hell anyway. What would one put duck fat on I wonder? I've tasted duck before but never just used the fat.

Frank Needham 08-08-2008 05:59 AM

Here's another that I never tire of: smoked pork chops with Durkee Six Pepper Blend spice rub on them. These, if smoked, or just bbq'd for that matter can be so tender and juicy that control can be tenuous. I've eaten 3-4 at a sitting before realizing what I've done....