Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Flexibility, Training Preparation & Recovery (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Intuflow free e-book (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3188)

Allen Yeh 10-15-2008 09:09 AM

Intuflow free e-book

Anyone used it or heard anything positive/negative about it?

I had forgotten that I had gotten a free Intuflow e-book weeks ago, all you had to do was sign up for a newsletter. I've been trying some of the stuff out this morning and it seems interesting. If you'd like a copy just let me know via email and I can send it out. Like I said it's free so no copyright violations at all.

It's 18 pages or so of different mobility drills with reasons why being immobile in certain areas can affect your mood and well being.

Anton Emery 10-15-2008 03:45 PM

I went and downloaded it after seeing your post. It looks like good stuff. We do all these movements at Crossfit Portland, as two of the owners are trainers under Scott Sonnon as well. Torso mobility is hard for me, apparently i look like a tree when i do it.

Anton

Blair Lowe 10-15-2008 10:43 PM

Thanks for bringing it up. A new spin on what I consider basic calesthenics. An interesting take/spin on what tightness causes.

I actually know someone who is CST certified. It's interesting as I remember coming across it right after seeing Matt Furey's stuff. I find it more useful than Matt's but nothing new from I came from. At least I was unfamiliar with some of Pavel's stretching stuff when I came across him.

Chris H Laing 10-16-2008 03:14 AM

Ill take a copy :D

Allen Yeh 10-16-2008 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blair Lowe (Post 41131)
Thanks for bringing it up. A new spin on what I consider basic calesthenics. An interesting take/spin on what tightness causes.

I actually know someone who is CST certified. It's interesting as I remember coming across it right after seeing Matt Furey's stuff. I find it more useful than Matt's but nothing new from I came from. At least I was unfamiliar with some of Pavel's stretching stuff when I came across him.

Some of it I have seen before, some of it seems a bit odd. I'm having a hard time going by some of the pictures and what they describe.

Blair Lowe 10-16-2008 10:40 AM

If you ever come across any of the Systema body conditioning or other RMA of the ilk, it won't look so different. Odd, yes.

Which reminds me I need to find a metal bucket as it may be getting cold enough at night.

Garrett Smith 10-16-2008 11:03 AM

I like the finger waves from that e-book. Hadn't seen those before...

Chris H Laing 10-16-2008 01:17 PM

Thanks Allen, looks like pretty good stuff

Donald Lee 10-18-2008 02:31 AM

This is a little bit off topic, but are Scott Sonnon's or anybody else's strange joint mobility/stretching/whatever stuff worth looking into? I have read Pavel's Relax Into Stretch and Super Joints so far. I was looking in the CrossFit forum archives, and there seems to have been a lot of beef with Scott Sonnon, but not much clear info.

http://www.rmaxi.com/intuflow/promo.php

That stuff looks so foreign to me. It's so different from what Pavel teaches.

Garrett Smith 10-18-2008 10:16 AM

Donald,
I'm a big fan of the Z-Health stuff, although I've found from other folks that it can be hard to grasp without going to the seminars, which are pretty pricey. In my opinion, much of the Z-Health stuff is similar (and even derived from) to Sonnon's stuff (which he derived from Systema), the big difference is that the Z-Health is much "tighter" in terms of form and what joints you're trying to mobilize. A simple viewing of Dr. Cobb's versus Sonnon's stuff is quite impressive in the contrast--a lot of extra movement (I would call "sloppiness") is present in the IntuFlow, which can be easily used subconsciously by the body in order to circumvent/hide immobile and uncoordinated joint/muscle complexes.

Looking at it from a longevity perspective, my attending the R-Phase and I-Phase will pay off long into the future. I will always have those tools with me, and I use them before every weight workout.