Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness, Strength & CrossFit (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Shift in Programming (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4208)

Matthieu Hertilus 04-19-2009 05:01 PM

Shift in Programming

I've posted many times often in search of advice and opinions, which I greatly appreciate by the way, on my fat loss goals. However, my strength gains have stalled( which I expected) while my fat loss efforts are at a hault as well: would it be wrong to completely shift to a fat loss workout routine (i.e. higher volume, short rests, barbell/kettlebell complexes) from the strength and now Bulgarian cycles I've been following in effort to get rid of this fat once and for all, after which I would return to start a new strength or bulgarian cycle? Or is it a matter of adding more metcon on top of the bulgarian cycle + revamping my diet once again (i eat very cleanly: mainly paleo foods with no carbs other than that from veggies, nuts, and occasional pieces of fruit)?

Steven Low 04-19-2009 05:54 PM

Dude, you've made so many posts over so many different forums, most of us probably don't know what you are actually doing.

So why don't you post up what you've been eating, and what you've been doing for training (and how long as well for each) and then we'll see where you're at. Stats for height, weight, lifts too.

It would also be good to make a training log as well.

My initial thought is you suffer from paralysis of analysis... trying to do too much at once. However, I hope I am wrong. :)

Garrett Smith 04-19-2009 09:58 PM

Yes, post what you're actually doing, and how long you've actually been actively doing each thing.

Define your length of time for stalling as well. A week doesn't mean you've stalled.

Matthieu Hertilus 04-20-2009 10:31 AM

you guys are right. i need to take a step back and look at what ive doing as far as training and diet is concerned and go from there

Steven Low 04-20-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthieu Hertilus (Post 55640)
you guys are right. i need to take a step back and look at what ive doing as far as training and diet is concerned and go from there

... so post up son.

Derek Weaver 04-20-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthieu Hertilus (Post 55640)

What Steven said. If you're going to take the time to post all of these threads, at least take the time to respond to the requests from the people who you're asking for help from.

We know you're into Oly & PL... and you're focused on fat loss. What does that mean exactly?

how many cals/day and what is the composition of your diet?

What does your training look like? Sleep? Any other supplementation or recovery methods at work here?

Jay Cohen 04-21-2009 09:50 AM

Ya, what they all said x 2.

Here is almost an undisputed fact:

80% of Body Composition is achieved in the kitchen, period, end of story.

If you don't have your diet dialed, and are not blessed with great genes, then no matter what activity you're pursuing, you screwed.

Matthew Bacorn 04-21-2009 08:08 PM

In analyzing your goals, I would offer this:

legitimate concerns - too weak, too slow, in pain, unhappy

un-legitimate concerns - too fat, too skinny, not enough volume

just take care of the top list and the bottom one will disappear on its own

Jenna Beckson 04-22-2009 01:06 PM

I totally agree with Matthew. One thing that worries me the most is how much everyone is concerned with fat loss. When we're focused on the negatives, we easily become more distressed. However, if we were to focus on how much stronger we can become, it gives us more drive to achieve our goals. Good luck with everything. And don't ever use the word fat on yourself!! I always call myself huggable :p

Jon Brody 04-22-2009 01:10 PM

<<<<<< Pleasantly Plump