Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Back Squat and amount of food consumed (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5057)

Derek Simonds 01-19-2010 11:32 AM

Back Squat and amount of food consumed

Does anyone else find that they can absolutely eat a house on days they squat a ton? I mean seriously. It is 2:30 and I have already had 4 full meals, a full bag of trail mix and about 48 oz's of milk and I am thinking I could probably eat some more steak...

DL days don't have the same effect on me neither do any pressing days just to be squats. Must be all psychological!

Kevin Perry 01-19-2010 11:48 AM

Yea I'd say so, yesterday I consumed 3 mcdoubles and a large chocolate shake after squats + 50 oz of milk and that ridiculous 70's big shake concoction.

Today though I've only had time for one meal and 35 oz of milk so far, and I work tonight so getting more than that will be hard.

Steven Low 01-19-2010 01:46 PM

Works with deadlifts too at least for me.

If you ever need to eat more just go work up to some heavy triples and your appetite wil come back quickly.

Brian DeGennaro 01-19-2010 02:37 PM

Hmm... this would probably explain why I've never been full.

Scott Kustes 01-20-2010 06:16 AM

Yep. Heavy lifting always makes me super hungry.

Derek Simonds 01-20-2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Low (Post 69340)
Works with deadlifts too at least for me.

If you ever need to eat more just go work up to some heavy triples and your appetite wil come back quickly.

I think I don't notice with DL's as much because I DL on Saturday and am always running somewhere with the kids or training again at BJJ.

Kevin I like your meal selection! I am pretty sure that Mike OD gave us the go ahead on the McDoubles. I think he said they were close to perfect Zone ratios...

Brian DeGennaro 01-20-2010 07:12 AM

My favorite PWO meal:

- large shake from White Castle (ice cream in a cup pretty much)
- half gallon of milk
- 2 orders of fries
- 2 double hamburgers

Jay Ashman 01-20-2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian DeGennaro (Post 69391)
My favorite PWO meal:

- large shake from White Castle (ice cream in a cup pretty much)
- half gallon of milk
- 2 orders of fries
- 2 double hamburgers

mmmmmmmmmm White Castle.... screw you for writing that, now I am eating that for lunch.

Brian DeGennaro 01-20-2010 08:17 AM

Mind you, these aren't Castle burgers, they're real burgers. It totals to a pound of meat alone.

Mike ODonnell 01-20-2010 11:20 AM

It takes $10,000s in grants to fund research to show that eating in/around/after a hard workout helps to boost protein synthesis....

It takes just an attention to one's own body to figure that out for free.

Eat up!