Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Nutrition (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   software for tracking fasting periods? (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5063)

Charlie Laidlaw 01-20-2010 03:10 AM

software for tracking fasting periods?

I haven't been able to google-up any software for tracking data of the feeding/fasting period. Are there any specifically for it?

Come to think of it, it might be a good idea to just use Excel with some nifty graphs, and also keep track of sleep while I'm at it.

Anything else that would / could be useful to track (total iron lifted in a day? blood-sugar from one of those diabetes testing kits?) for general health & fitness?

Jay Cohen 01-20-2010 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Laidlaw (Post 69380)
I haven't been able to google-up any software for tracking data of the feeding/fasting period. Are there any specifically for it?

Come to think of it, it might be a good idea to just use Excel with some nifty graphs, and also keep track of sleep while I'm at it.

Anything else that would / could be useful to track (total iron lifted in a day? blood-sugar from one of those diabetes testing kits?) for general health & fitness?

Dude;
Get a grip, this ain't Xfit.
Eat, don't eat, eat alot, eat less. You really need to "track" this stuff?
It isn't rocket science.

Mike ODonnell 01-20-2010 12:17 PM

As my good friend Jay was saying....the great benefit of IF is to free up any excessive OCD towards eating. Fast one day (up till a certain point).....do it here and there. Enjoy food all other times. Not sure tracking hours would benefit in any way.

The less spreadsheets and measuring cups in my life, the happier I am to just go out and enjoy it.

Charlie Laidlaw 01-20-2010 06:51 PM

lol, good point guys! i guess that post was a product of staying up too late on the computer when i should have good to bed

Jay Ashman 01-20-2010 07:16 PM

Charlie... you don't need software for that... did I really read that right? :D

Steve Shafley 01-20-2010 08:07 PM

I admit, this ? made me guffaw.

Willem Koster 01-21-2010 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Laidlaw (Post 69380)

How about height, weight, fat%, caloric intake + macronutrient breakdown, number of meals, water intake, number of bowel movements, number of urinations, total volume of urinations, color of urine + plus the monthly full blood panel. (plus several circumferences of course)

(Maybe Espi has one. I remember something about total weight per time (min) lifted but it could be my imagination running wild)