Top 5 Supplements Redux
I was reading over an old thread of people's top 5 supplements, and I wanted to revive it to see how the top 5 have changed. The old thread is here: http://www.performancemenu.com/forum...read.php?t=336
And the old top 5 overall by respondents were:
Definitely forsee Fish Oil stying on top, but now the addition of Vit D...
My top 3:
Only three because those are the only supplements I have noticed differences from. I also take creatine, multi-vitamin, cal/mag/zinc but am stopping those and then going to try a few new things one by one to see if I notice any changes. On the list to try: Probiotics, Enzymes, ZMA or separate mag and zinc, possibly BCAA further down the road.
1. Fish oil,
2. Vitamin D
3. Some combo of calcium/mag/zinc (ZMA works, or whatever else)
4. Some type of other combo good for sleep (ZMA helps, but probably something else as well)
5. [Insert supplement depending on goals here]
4. zinc/magnesium (taken seperately)
5. melatonin when i need to make sure i get some sleep
My favorite supplements are any warm tea, especially green, and yerba mate. I didnt put those down on the list however because i guess theyre really not supplements.
Vitamin D has had a dramatic effect on how many colds both me and my daugther (who's 6) have had this winter. Coupled with my super secret nasal irrigation forumula.
1. Vit D
2. Fish Oil - don't notice much when I take it, but notice when I don't.
interesting thread. i'd be interested to see what the general consensus on dosages would be as well. all i take is fish oil today.
Fish oil depends on your diet. At min probably 3g per day if you're eating clean on everything. Can go higher depending.
I think Robb's recommendation for fish oil is lik .5-1g EPA+DHA per 10 lbs body mass with unclean diets all the way up to unclean diet + very obese.
My original 5 are all still valid.....although I personally stopped using fish oil and just started eating more fatty fish like sardines and herring (as well as ditching grain fed beef and opting for Omega 3 eggs). Seems to all work out.
Need to get back to ZMA....haven't done that in a while either.
I don't do Vit D supplements...and opt for more healthy (grass fed esp) fatty meats higher in natural vitamins. I don't get sick (unless I do something stupid and run my immune system into the ground)....so again, all seems to work out.
I think for me it has morphed to:
1. Fish Oil
2. Vit D
3. Creatine/BCAA's Pre W/O
For myself top 5:
1. Fish oil - either liquid carlsons or Flameout
4. Vitamin D - this is only an occasional thing as my D levels are pretty good
5. Fiber - a la DJ's recommendation of Metamucil
For my family:
1. Vitamin D - 5000 iu if not 10000 iu - I really like the NOW foods brand and the pills are tiny
2. Vitamin C
4. fiber chewables for the kids
5. fish oil - my wife will take the liquids but the kids will only take it disguised in Coromega packets or something like that
1. Fish oil
2. Vit D
5. Nowadays nothing... protein when I can get it
I suppose the salient question is why everyone stopped using probiotics.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:47 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.