Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness, Strength & CrossFit (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ridiculous Handbalancing Vid (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5449)

Patrick Donnelly 05-20-2010 08:16 PM

Ridiculous Handbalancing Vid

Just thought I ought to share.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikhYgsNxe1I

Also, I'm glad to see a guy who's good at that stuff who's clearly in the 200+ pound range. Of course, he's probably been at it for 20yrs too, but it shows it can be done.

Gant Grimes 05-21-2010 08:34 AM

That's amazing. Know anything else about this guy? Bio is difficult to come by.

Allen Yeh 05-21-2010 09:17 AM

Those circus people are incredible.

Patrick Donnelly 05-21-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gant Grimes (Post 76108)
That's amazing. Know anything else about this guy? Bio is difficult to come by.

Unfortunately, I don't. One of my friends just saw it listed as related on a Diesel Crew video (yeah, what?) and sent me the link.

Garrett Smith 05-21-2010 11:49 AM

Yeah but...he's still an insect.

An AWESOME insect.

Pat Janes 05-21-2010 01:01 PM

that was pretty awesome.

his name is Encho Keryazov and a quick google turns him up all over the place.

a brief article that doesn't seem to say much

what looks like an upcoming doco trailer

also turns up in discussions on the gymnastic bodies forum; and heck, he's even on facebook, so you can add him and ask him all about himself on there!!

the question most people seem to want answered is "how did he get that bodyweight strong/supple with such a large frame / so defined etc"; the answer, as it is with all circus type performers is years and years and years of 24/7 dedication. probably not the answer most are looking for.

Gant Grimes 05-21-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Janes (Post 76119)
that was pretty awesome.

also turns up in discussions on the gymnastic bodies forum; and heck, he's even on facebook, so you can add him and ask him all about himself on there!!

the question most people seem to want answered is "how did he get that bodyweight strong/supple with such a large frame / so defined etc"; the answer, as it is with all circus type performers is years and years and years of 24/7 dedication. probably not the answer most are looking for.

I got his name from the youtube title, googled him, and found all the same stuff you did...links to others people's pages that are talking about him like we are here. I'm talking about some first-hand stuff, interviews, height/weight, performance history, etc.

Garrett Smith 05-21-2010 03:29 PM

Gypsies are hard to Google.

Dave Van Skike 05-21-2010 03:41 PM

And really, Dude. Gypsy is not the preferred nomenclature. Romani-American, Please.

Steven Low 05-21-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Janes (Post 76119)
that was pretty awesome.

It can be done without all that.

Maybe not the particular definition (I would bet a lot of it is due to genetics)... but you definitely can get fairly strong and have a decent amount of lean mass.