Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Flexibility, Training Preparation & Recovery (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MobilityWOD brought to you by Kstar (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5688)

Allen Yeh 08-28-2010 08:50 AM

MobilityWOD brought to you by Kstar
 
http://mobilitywod.blogspot.com/

Check this out, very cool blog, 10 minutes of mobility stuff everyday, it just started last week.

Jarod Barker 08-28-2010 09:32 AM

I just did the first one yesterday, the hold a squat for 10 minutes. That sucked. I was fine the first 5 minutes or so, and then the pain started, and I had to keep getting up and stretching out to get my low back to quit screaming at me.

I believe KStar once said to me, "that burning pain you're feeling in your hip right now is you getting better at everything."

Chris Forbis 08-28-2010 12:55 PM

Nice.

Allen Yeh 08-31-2010 03:14 PM

Everyone should check this one out from today:
http://mobilitywod.blogspot.com/2010...episode-9.html

Never realized how unbalanced my shoulders were did this test and realized quickly...

Quote:

Thumbs straight forward, ribcage anchored, arms up overhead in pure flexion as far as you can go.
after the mob they were about equal and the ROM was much improved...this one is definitely a keeper.

Garrett Smith 08-31-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad Cilli (Post 79968)
I just did the first one yesterday, the hold a squat for 10 minutes. That sucked. I was fine the first 5 minutes or so, and then the pain started, and I had to keep getting up and stretching out to get my low back to quit screaming at me.

I believe KStar once said to me, "that burning pain you're feeling in your hip right now is you getting better at everything."

Don't do the pain face. That's bad, mmmmkay? Note how he constantly talks about no face. Sound familiar?

Jarod Barker 09-04-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett Smith (Post 80082)
Don't do the pain face. That's bad, mmmmkay? Note how he constantly talks about no face. Sound familiar?

Hahaha, I was trying to do it without any pain, honest! My stupid lower back was just in disagreement with my head.

Jarod Barker 09-04-2010 08:37 AM

I repeated it though, and the second time through, no pain, no trouble staying down, nothing. I just sat there for 10 minutes and was like, "what? Why was this hard the first time?"

Ben Moskowitz 09-05-2010 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett Smith (Post 80082)
Sound familiar?

???

Garrett Smith 09-05-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Moskowitz (Post 80275)
???

Sorry to leave you out of that one Ben (and everyone else), that's from Chad and my conversation on the phone about his own training.

Jarod Barker 09-06-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett Smith (Post 80276)
Sorry to leave you out of that one Ben (and everyone else), that's from Chad and my conversation on the phone about his own training.

I make ugly faces when I wash dishes too. Can I put you on the phone with my girlfriend so you can explain to her that I can't wash dishes anymore either?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.