Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness, Strength & CrossFit (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Introduction..Professional Acrobat. (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5694)

luis sarabia 09-01-2010 04:17 AM

Introduction..Professional Acrobat.

Hello there! I'm new on this forum, i just find it by chance and think it is a great place to hang around. A lot of people willing to learn and share knowledge.
My Name is Luis Sarabia and I'm an ex-gymnast, professional acrobat Personal trainer with a degree in sport science and physical education. and that is enough of me for now!!! :) :)
if i could help on anyway just let me know!!!
Here to help.
All the best.
Luis Sarabia
http://www.planchetraining.blogspot.com

Nicholas Wyss 09-02-2010 05:02 PM

Good to have another knowledgeable member here!

Allen Yeh 09-03-2010 05:23 AM

Welcome to the board.

luis sarabia 09-04-2010 12:01 PM

hello!!!

Thank you ever so much for the nice welcoming!!!
Here to help!
Luis Sarabia.
PLANCHE TRAINING

Blair Lowe 09-04-2010 07:12 PM

Nice to meet you. I saw your straddle planche video recently somewhere online (I forget where exactly). Quite impressive.

Are you still in Cuba?

Grissim Connery 09-05-2010 11:42 AM

your site looks great. my question though is why the planche? not that i am against it, but i was just curious why your focus is on this motion above all others. do you find that developing a planche has the most benefit to strength overall?

do you do much lever and other hanging work, or do you prefer handbalancing more?

Emily Mattes 09-06-2010 02:53 PM

That one-hand handstand photo on your webpage made my jaw drop.

luis sarabia 09-21-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blair Lowe (Post 80268)
Nice to meet you. I saw your straddle planche video recently somewhere online (I forget where exactly). Quite impressive.

Are you still in Cuba?

Hello there and thanks for the nice welcome and the comment on my straddle planche video! :)

I left Cuba 20 years ago and now days i live in the beautiful island of Mallorca.
all the best
PLANCHE TRAINING

luis sarabia 09-21-2010 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grissim Connery (Post 80278)
your site looks great. my question though is why the planche? not that i am against it, but i was just curious why your focus is on this motion above all others. do you find that developing a planche has the most benefit to strength overall?

do you do much lever and other hanging work, or do you prefer handbalancing more?

Hello Grisssim! hope you are doing great. The idea of The PLANCHE training blog came out people asking me to do tutorial on the subject.
I notice that every time i upload a video of me doing a planche, i get more comment and again more questions...so i decide to do the blog to help people achive this popular move. but the blog is about acro in general. As an ex-gymnast and professional acrobat i could help on any type of training from tumbling, body conditioning, trampoline, hand to hand, one hand handstand, from beginners to advance. basicaly ..any thing Acro!!!
here to help...:)
Luis Sarabia
ps: I'm glad you like PLANCHE TRAINING blog...still very new(only 2 weeks..i think) but growing fast.
If you need any help just let me know and i will be more than happy to assist you!!!
here to help
Luis Sarabia
MY PLANCHE TRAINING

Grissim Connery 10-17-2010 01:42 PM

that video of your handstand competition in britain is sick, as is most everything on the site.

i watched a lot of it last night, and am pissed b/c i got in a bit of a fight last week, and my wrist hurts too much to do any pressing motions. i won't be able to put some solid effort back in for like another 2 weeks.

to what extent do you use rings as a training tool? i noticed the picture of you doing a cross on your site, so obviously you've put some time in. do you find rings to be imperative to really excel in pressing strength, or is it just another tool in the box?