Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Community & Events (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Second tattoo (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=759)

Steve Liberati 04-01-2007 06:48 PM

Second tattoo

1 Attachment(s)
This was the first tattoo I got while in high school a few years back. Now for whatever reason I have an itch to get another one (guess there is some truth to my dad's statement that no one ever gets just one tattoo:rolleyes:).
So I had a few ideas I've been tossing around with lately but nothing really worth getting excited about. I've been thinking about getting another animal on my back (maybe a coyote) or possibly some tribal art on the inside of my bicep (partially inspired by Greg's tattoo as depicted in a recent PM journal). Love the symbolism of animals, not to mention my belief in animism.

Anyway, what tattoo(s) do you have?

If you have a picture of it, I'd love to see it.

PS Greg, by the way what is the tattoo on your arm?

Attachment 60

Steve Shafley 04-01-2007 07:03 PM

I've got a crappy armband that's I'd really like to have reinked into some kind of design covering my entire upper arm on that side.

No need to even show you.

I get the itch to get inked about every 6 months, and have staved it off successfully for about 10 years now.

Steve Liberati 04-01-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Shafley (Post 7931)
I get the itch to get inked about every 6 months, and have staved it off successfully for about 10 years now.

Ha!...yeah I'm having a lit' harder time silencing these evil voices in my head telling me to get another tattoo. My wife would sure be happy though if I had your self-control:p

What can I say I'm strong in some areas but weak in others...hehe

Mike ODonnell 04-01-2007 08:12 PM

What??? No Pukie?? Hand in your white robe and cup. :D

Steve Liberati 04-01-2007 08:30 PM

Sounds like someone is salty for not being the first to successfully market functional training to the masses?

I'm not mentioning any names either:D

Derek Simonds 04-02-2007 05:47 AM

I have two animals. On my right arm above the bicep I have a stylized snake swallowing its own tail. It encircles my arm and I got it when my wife and I got engaged. A snake swallowing its own tail is symbolism for infinity, that being how long I plan on loving her. I plan on getting it redone and adding in our kids names and birthdays.

On the back of my right calf I have a Mako shark. At the time I got the Mako I was younger and much more aggressive. The Mako was a fit at the time.

I will try to find a camera here at work and upload some pictures.

BTW Nice Double Back Pose! They should have included your picture in the righteous pipes article. :D

Mike ODonnell 04-02-2007 06:11 AM

I'd go with one of these

Greg Everett 04-02-2007 09:00 AM

If I hadn't run out of money during my misguided youth, I'd be covered. I've managed to maintain at 7 for the last few years, but the itch is always there.

The one on the inside of my left arm is a head... what you probably saw was the hair, flowing ever so dramatically down my arm. That is actually my favorite tattoo.

Steve - my humble advice regarding tattoos is to resist the urge until you have a tattoo you're sure about. I've seen way too many lame tattoos.

Free 1-year subscription to the first person to correctly guess where tattoo #7 is... (and if you know because I've told you, you're not eligible) 1-6 are back, r shoulder, l arm, l inner arm, r inner arm, r calf.

Scott Kustes 04-02-2007 10:03 AM

Is it flames down the sides of your penis?

Ron Nelson 04-02-2007 10:53 AM

My guess: Lower back, above the buttocks and says, "Exit Only."