View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #3
Steve Liberati

Good point on the iodine, although a regular serving of sea salt should be enough to do the trick for most people. Of course sea vegetables (nori, hijiki, wakame, kombu, and kelp) are the better of the two options. Iodized salt is another source for iodine, but contains too much aluminum. The one supplement that I would highly recommend for this purpose (proper functioning of the thyroid gland) besides trace elements iodine and selenium, and the amino acid Tyrosine...is BLADDERWRACK.

Bladderwrack, or fucus, consists of the marine plant fucus vesiculosus. Marine algae have been used in Europe and Asia as medicinal agents for thousands of years. Bladderwrack is a rich source of iodine and is traditionally used for weight loss and hypothyroidism. Bladderwrack is thought to stimulate the thyroid gland, thus increasing basal metabolism. Bladderwrack also contains potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, and other minerals.

At any rate, go forth and track your temp on your own Garrett. Curious to see if any major consistency/inconsisties show up as a result of IF'ing. Based on my experience so far with IF, I'd suspect the law of diminishing returns cannot be overcome with IF either. Fasted EOD for months with greater than better results...recently (as in last 3 weeks(tried fasting everyday up until 5pm) and noticed a drop across the board in most all my fitness parameters. Feel like I got slapped in the head for my my "more is better" attitude.
100,000 generations of humans have been hunters and gatherers; 500 generations have been agriculturalists; ten have lived in the industrial age; and only one has been exposed to the world of computers.

Steve's Club
Crossfit Tribe
Steve Liberati is offline   Reply With Quote