View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 11:10 AM   #3
Rick Deckart
Banned

Your welcome. The book is really good, even includes a 10 page chapter on the training and execution of the olympic press---now how many books on weightlifting do cover the nowadays obsolete olympic press? Also lots of diagrams and instructions how to build equipment, partly design for the woodworking inclined, partly designs for those who can work with steel, obvisously they could not buy the stuff, so they had to build it. The design of my wooden squat racks is from the book [http://www.performancemenu.com/forum...ead.php?t=832]. Kettlebells, sandbags [including how to build these, what design, what poundages etc.] , rope jumping etc. etc., in a way it's a goldmine on ideas and hands on information.

With respect to the above mentioned chapter, I found it striking how much time they spent developing well rounded athletes, and how long it took until olympic lifting got training priority---6 years of general preparation until the oly lifts cover more than 50% of total yearly training volume. Six years. I am curious how things are handled nowadays. If somebody age 12, willing to start the oly lifts [unlikely I know...] would approach a trainer, what would he have to expect?
Rick Deckart is offline   Reply With Quote