View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 08:36 AM   #23
Robb Wolf

Paul-

Yes, absolutely. Much in line with the book you sent me (thank you BTW). Epigenics/form following function.

Some people obviously have talents with regards to genetics but epigenics...how the environment influences gene expression is of utmost importance.

Somewhat off topic:
I had an idea for a CrossFit journal piece (way back when) thinking about "fitness" within a group setting...like say a hunter gatherer group. Having a homogenized fitness might not be that desirable...certainly there are some general characteristics that have more value than others but a little statistical outlying, either towards strength/power or endurance could be of enormous benefit to a GROUP. Paul sent me Bruce Liptons book the Biology of Belief...it talks extensively about systems biology, epigenics and some other goodies. It really changes the view of simple Darwinian evolution and "survival of the fittest".

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote