View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
Daniel Miller

Default EvFit-like training

Ok, I'm starting an online workout log for the first time. Please comment as you see fit.

quick background:
27-yo male
bw-153
bf-quite low right now, maybe ~5-6%

pursuits: this summer I'll be traveling in europe to visit friends, climb, and will probably end up boosing some. I'd like to continue with my IF eating schedule with a strong preference towards Paleo and generally low-carb eating.

Sports: climbing and capoeira

Some goals: change training style to less metcon and more power/ME. I recently obtained a goal of 2.15xbw dead lift, so I'll give the numbers a rest for a while. The only numbers I'm chasing is getting back to being able to quickly climb (onsight?) 5.12...which is where I was yet 1.5 years ago.
Eventually I'd like to be able to do something like Nancy even while eating lowcarb. Performance has been something I've been chasing for the past 3-4years, but due to some health problems over the past 2 years I'm now much more concerned with health and longevity. With that in mind, I'll occasionally skip the PWO carb feeding, opting more for an Art Devany approach.

Nutrition wise: I'll go for 16 blocks protein per day, 100-200g fat per day, and occasional 100-180g of Cho per day, but mostly staying in the 40-80g Cho per day range. This is a remarkable change for me. I am not yet convinced that this sort of diet can sustain my mental focus, alertness, or general well-being...but I am willing to try it out for the summer.
-William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure
Daniel Miller is offline   Reply With Quote