View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 04:54 AM   #1
Derek Simonds

Default Severely De-Trained Individuals

We have all of our field staff in for a corporate meeting this week and looking around the table at dinner last night I have some seriously de-trained people. In fact I have worked with several of them to design programs they can follow for general well being and fat loss. I want to put together a simple program that I can give the group on Friday that they can all do together. In fact I am going to try and make it some kind of a challenge with money on the line.

Here are the salient points

1) I have had a couple of the guys try tabata's and they complain that it is too hard. I even went so far as to break it down to the easiest I could. How many squats could you do in 5 minutes ok now divide that by 8 and do that number in 20 seconds then rest, do that 8 times. Next time you do tabata's try and increase the number by 1.

2) All of these guys live on the road 4 days at a time. Most hotels have cardio gyms so bodyweight is probably the most we will consistently get for muscle building.

3) Their diets collectively suck. When you travel constantly a lot of times you end up eating airport food, getting to the hotel late, grabbing a meal at the bar and having a couple of drinks before you head up to the room to pass out.

4) Based on their schedules something that could easily be done in 30 - 45 minutes.

I was thinking of some type of rotation with

treadmill walking on an incline
every 3 minutes doing as many push-ups as you can
do for a total of 25 minutes

treadmill walking on an incline 20 minutes
5 sets of squats, situps, BE

I know that working with people that are de-trained is tough and that the most improvement would come from diet changes. Let the ideas fly.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote