View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 07:35 AM   #102
Derek Simonds

Jun 6 2007 W Day 23 Derek's Program

Snatches and Cleans Oh My!

I read something from Glenn over at WFW about using 20 / 10 for snatches and cleans and it seemed like a nice round number so that is where I worked today.

Snatch 45 X 3, 65 X 3, 70 X 3, 75 X 3, 80 X 3, 85 X 3, 90 X 1, M, 1, 1, 1 I am not used to people talking to me or being around when I am lifting as I usually doing it at 5:30 in the morning. This morning I slept in and started a little after 6:30 and my wife came out into the garage right when I hit 90 Lb's. I made the first lift and was taking a moment to recover and she was talking to me. I listened moved into my lift and asked her to stand in a different position in case I had to bail. Guess where she stood right in front of me. I really think that I need to work on lifting with people around me. She was talking to me and right when I started to set up she says "I'll be quite and let you lift". Mentally I wasn't prepared.

Clean and Jerk 90 X 3, 115 X 1, 1, 1, 125 X 1, 1, 135 X 1, 1 I really didn't want to do the last 135 but I manned up and did it. I am pretty exhausted. Grappling at noon and 1 more lifting session before vacation.

BJJ

Advanced class worked armbar variants with the Gi. Grabbed the collar and did the same moves as yesterday.

Grappling, first session had a good roll with Slade and managed to get the armbar we have been practicing the last couple of days. Second roll with Derrick who choked me out completely with an ezekiel choke and after I recovered a roll with Dylan and I finished with a keylock.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote