Thread: hooah pt hooah
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #3
Gordon Richmond

Friday the workout was a two mile run. It was terrible. I ran without the iPod, and did some pushups beforehand, trying to replicate the actual even conditions. My time: 14:25. Slowest time I've had since I ran in a DC windstorm. Nothing to do about it but keep working.

I was on the road for some four hours in the middle of the day, so that really messed up my rhythm with GTG. I don't think I did more than 200 total pushups.

Today, I only did a few pushups sporadically in the morning, (100 or so) but my workout an overhead press. The workout room where I am right now has no barbells, just some light dumbbells and a smith machine. Fortunately, I brought my Olympic dumbbell (which I think is 25lb). I did one-handed OHPs, 8x3x75lb. Then I did a few snatches and swings, nothing too hard. It is amazing how much easier it is to snatch with the Olympic plate loading dumbbell with the swiveling handle as opposed to the normal dumbbells.

Tomorrow the plan calls for some 800m repeats, then sets of about 30 pushups scattered throughout the day. This is the largest percentage of my max (50%) that Robb’s suggested plan calls for, and I assume it will be the toughest. I have to drive back tomorrow, but I am going to aim, tentatively, to get at least 350 over the course of the day. We’ll see how it goes.
Gordon Richmond is offline   Reply With Quote