Thread: ME Black Box
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 04:33 AM   #14
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Enos View Post
Also, and Im not sure if this will make a difference at all or not, but Ill add it anyways.

I am currently an EMT and I want to become a firefighter. As long as I get accepted, I will be attending the fire academy in late Jan./early Feb., which is why I want to get my weight down by New Years.
I'd opt for what Dave said also, you can develop different qualities concurrently BUT with a specific goal in mind and time frame this is the perfect opportunity to do some backwards planning. A few months of strength work, with minimal GPP type work then shift to a plan like you are currently discussing and 1/2 strength 1/2 GPP type, then shift completely to metcon stuff.

Another option is to focus your next 4-6 weeks on body composition and not to worry about strength at all. (a la Dan Johns recommendation that "fat loss is a 28-day war!...etc" (badly paraphrased)). Then in the months of September to December to focus on strength and phase in GPP as you go along.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote