Thread: Pat's Log
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 12:07 PM   #2
Pat McCarthy

Workouts for the Week of 7/16-7/20 so far

Monday:
ME work: Overhead Presses, 7 sets of 3
Warmed up then got 5 sets of 205, then 2 of 185. My neck and traps felt very tight today so did some extra joint mobility after the lifting.

GPP work: As many rounds in 20 minutes of 100yd Sprint/5 Pull-Ups/10 Push-Ups/15 1.5 Pood KB Swings
I finished with 7 rounds. I allowed myself around 1.5 minutes between rounds so I could give as close to 100% as possible on the sprint. This workout really killed me as the KB swings made my heart feel like it was going to jump out of my chest. It's strange how 5 pull-ups can become so difficult after just one sprint. I did this workout at a local high school football field where I hung rings from the goal post. Worked out quite well.

Tuesday:
GPP work: 3 rounds of 20 BW Back Squats/800m Row
As I will be traveling for work this week, I will only be able to squeeze in 1 workout per day for the rest of the work. Good thing though as I had never done more than 1 set of 20 rep squats before. I used to be huge of the whole 20 rep squat thing when I first started lifting, eventually working up to 315 for 20, but doing 3 sets is a completely different story. I suck at rowing as well, so this one was a real burner.

Wednesday:
GPP Work: 5 rounds of 400m Run/10 BW Bench Press/10 Pull-Ups
Pat McCarthy is offline   Reply With Quote