View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #12
josh everett

Greg Is right & wrong about me. 1 he is right in that i have chosen fitness over being the best weightlifter I can be. I crossfit & run much more than anyone serious about being a competitive weightlifter should. Also at my hieght I should be lifting in the 94k class, I choose to lift in the 85k class and i ussually only weigh about 82k. I'm unwilling to gain wt to be a better lifter. I do not like the way my body feels when I'm over 85k.
He is wrong in saying crossfitting is bringing my lifts down. a few years ago i hit a then pr of 120k in the sn after several months of crossfitting and almost no o-lifts. I've since hit 122.5k. I have been really struggling with snatches the last 9 months or so but I believe it's a technichal error/mental issue. My C&J has been better than ever during this same time frame, no PR's but I've made 145+ a ton of times in practice and this is a wt I could only hit in meets previously.
I have reached a level in o-lifting where I need to constantly specilaize if I want to make progress. I beleive my potential in o-lifts is about 130/170. I got 9th or 10th at this years national championships(without giving up any fitness)...if I reached my potential I might move up to like 7th(in a country that stinks at weightlifting). Not worth it to me to give up so much of my fitness. Besides crossfit, kettlebells, hills, bleachers, sprints are just so much fun.
josh everett is offline   Reply With Quote