View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 09:04 AM   #1
chris hill

Default Intro to IF and a glance at Paleo

I eat a traditional western diet, although much lower carbs than normal....ie i eat pasta and potatoes maybe once or twice a week but abstain from starchs and sugars for most meals.

I've played around with IF this week and have fasted between 12 and 17 hours each day. My initial plans are to IF monday - friday as i feel great at work not eating till early afternoon. I imagine IFing longer than 17/18 hours will not happen for me for a good while yet.

I am slowly hoping to adapt to a more paleo approach although i'm sure the main obstacle will be my wife. I had thought that purchasing decent meat here in the UK would be a problem, but i've just discovered this butcher in the town where i work

Quote:
Company Profile
Take an unlicensed village pub, an acre of unspoilt land, a passion reborn of boyhood pig-keeping and a love of good food... and so Roger Human's rare breed butchery business was born at The Old Tavern in Smallburgh. Now ten years on there is Tavern Tasty Meats

Because traditional breeds grow a little more slowly than modern ones, on drug-free rations and without additives, the meat develops a better, truer flavour.

Unlike the blandness of modern meat, each traditional breed has its own special qualities. And because we only sell pork from our own farm, and grass-fed beef from small Norfolk producers, each animal is totally traceable from conception to sale.
chris hill is offline   Reply With Quote