Thread: Ending the Fast
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 09:00 AM   #6
Scott Kustes

Originally Posted by Heidi Anschultz View Post
You would overload your liver (which is the organ that metabolizes fatty acids), and likely gain much body fat.

Trust me, it is a bad idea to consume much oil just by itself. I've tried this with 8 tablespoons of coconut oil (approx. 800 calories) and only resulted in an almost allergic reaction to it, along with undesirable fat gain that stayed on my body for a full day and a half, signifying it took that long to recuperate from the overload of oil I had induced on my system/liver.

Along with giving me an extreme euphoria for about 10-20 minutes after the oil's consumption, I started breathing very rapidly for hours afterward, and had an extremely difficult time at trying to fall asleep that night. The memory of this experience is not a nice one, as you will probably experience yourself if you want to try consuming any large volume of oil.

Good luck to you.
Heidi, I wonder if part of your experience was that you used coconut oil. The medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil are rapidly absorbed through the stomach and used for energy. When I eat a lot of coconut milk, I get an energy rush and feel warmer from the increase in metabolism. It could be that 8 tbsp of olive oil wouldn't affect one in the same way. Although I'm not interested in trying it.

Fitness Spotlight
Scott Kustes is offline   Reply With Quote