Thread: Ending the Fast
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 09:00 AM   #6
Scott Kustes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Anschultz View Post
You would overload your liver (which is the organ that metabolizes fatty acids), and likely gain much body fat.

Trust me, it is a bad idea to consume much oil just by itself. I've tried this with 8 tablespoons of coconut oil (approx. 800 calories) and only resulted in an almost allergic reaction to it, along with undesirable fat gain that stayed on my body for a full day and a half, signifying it took that long to recuperate from the overload of oil I had induced on my system/liver.

Along with giving me an extreme euphoria for about 10-20 minutes after the oil's consumption, I started breathing very rapidly for hours afterward, and had an extremely difficult time at trying to fall asleep that night. The memory of this experience is not a nice one, as you will probably experience yourself if you want to try consuming any large volume of oil.

Good luck to you.
Heidi, I wonder if part of your experience was that you used coconut oil. The medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil are rapidly absorbed through the stomach and used for energy. When I eat a lot of coconut milk, I get an energy rush and feel warmer from the increase in metabolism. It could be that 8 tbsp of olive oil wouldn't affect one in the same way. Although I'm not interested in trying it.

Fitness Spotlight
Scott Kustes is offline   Reply With Quote