View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 08:45 AM   #4
John Alston

Originally Posted by Mike ODonnell View Post
IF is too hard a window to fill yourself up with calories.....but it can be done. Focus on PROTEIN....more so 1-1.5x your bodyweight. You will be amazed how as you find the "magic" protein number you will see muscle start to pile back on. Fun trick, every meal....suck down another 30-40grams Whey mixed in water...milk....half milk/ that 3 times a day and you are going to see results. Of course the only 2 ways to put on weight is less exercise (metcon stuff) and more food (primarily protein). While pwo stuff is good for recovery, I still think it is over rated for muscle your muscles grow all day long and take a long time to rebuild. Also training wise add in some hypertrophy sets of 10-12 reps on some exercises after you do your more strength training.
I tell ya, I am looking into this IF malarky after my meet this weekend. An 8 hour window is short enough to get the benefits? I might be looking at a 1-9pm to start, which would mean the end of my breakfast log posts. Sigh...
"Morning, Putski eats it, noon, Putski eats it, night, Putski eats it. Putski loves!"
John Alston is offline   Reply With Quote