View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 02:00 PM   #13
Mike ODonnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Archie View Post
I've been finding I need less food doing this, my recovery is up, the bar keeps getting heavier and my BF% isn't going thru the roof.
I know it's been said before but what Troy mentioned is another key reason why I love IF.....less food needed to maintain or build muscle....more consistent energy....and less oxidative damage through digestion which has been linked to the ageing process (see all those CR studies). So why not build or maintain on less food, stronger immune system and more stable energy? Seems like a win win to me....of course there is always a limit as I am not doing 3-4 hours of exercise a day...so of course results and recovery needs will vary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Archie View Post
I would love to be able to put 25lbs lean mass on, while increasing my squat/presses and at the same time keep my metabolic conditioning up but it just isn't going to happen for me and probably +95% of the population out there.
Naturally....no probably not...but then again 10lbs is alot of muscle to put on in a year....and still keep lean....you don't need 25lbs to "look" like you put on 25....the leaner you are...the more an extra 5-10lbs of muscle will be amplified because of the way it stands out with such a low bf%.