View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 06:23 PM   #18
Steve Liberati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Archie View Post
Well then just fast on rest days, thats how I started. As time went by and I became more "adapted" to the fast I started fasting for longer periods and fasting on my training days. It's worked really well for me and others but it did take some tinkering to find out what worked well.

Fasting is a lot like a fitness regimen. What works for some may not work for others. There's no magic pill or perfect program just what works for you.
The advice above is as good as it gets (IMO). I'd venture to say most, if not all, those who are regular IF'ers have experienced this 'transition phase' or adjustment Troy is talking about. Between this board and the CrossFit board, posts abound with beginner IF'ers, Zone'ers or Paleo'ers experiencing wierd side effects in the first few weeks of introduction. Nothing against you Nick (just trying to make a point...bear with me).....but we've been doing our bodies wrong for so many years (upward of 20 +), it is really unrealistic for us to expect our bodies to smoothly adjust to this change in a matter of only a few weeks. The whole process of undoing and retuning our body takes time. Some quicker than others. But the negative sides are part of the cleansing process - I think the same principle applies to IF.
100,000 generations of humans have been hunters and gatherers; 500 generations have been agriculturalists; ten have lived in the industrial age; and only one has been exposed to the world of computers.

Steve's Club
Crossfit Tribe
Steve Liberati is offline   Reply With Quote