View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
Gordon Richmond

Slow so far. I've backed off this past week because of sickness and general business, but overall I would say that the plan I made is too ambitious to begin with. I'm going to ruck only twice per week for at least a month before I up the volume on that.

I'm in Arlington, VA so there's nothing I can do about the elevation. Although I will run as much of the course as I can and will (duh) finish as quickly as I can, I'm not really competing, so I'm not going to let elevation worry me. There is a good amount of elevation gain, however, so I think once January rolls around I will add in a third session which will be hill or stair walks with the ruck.

Bottom line is that I am 200lbs and walking with 35lbs is really nothing to me (at least within 15 miles or so). Running with it is a whole nother animal. I am finding that in the initial training, I am trying to run way faster than I should and crapping out after a few minutes. Twelve minute miles are just fine with the ruck, but I'm totally accustomed to the pace.

Sort of rambling, but you get the point.
Gordon Richmond is offline   Reply With Quote