View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 07:00 AM   #16
Max Murphy

Thumbs up Workout 4

Good things! Thanks for the welcome YS

I'm not aware of any O lift clubs in my area (Nashville) but I will do some searching. That's surprising to me that you would start with an overhead squat, even if it is just with a broomstick. 95 4 rep max is no joke. My ego took a huge hit when I started going ATG. I think the full ROM has/is helping my knees though. It almost feels like the full Rom forces my knee to track correctly (Which I think is good), as long as I don't push with my toes.

Warm up
10 minutes on incline treadmill, I was asleep the first 5 minutes.

Military press
2x10 @ 95
1x8 @ 105
1x6 @ 105
2x4 @ 135 Last set my my lower back tight. I will try a pushpress soon Yoon .

Sumo deads
2x10 @ 95
2x10 @ 135
1x8 @ 205
2x6 @ 225 I'm sure I could work up to 405 no problem with these I'm just scared of them at the moment.

Front Squats

Skipped these today. I was rather unmotivated today.

Misc
I played with cleans for a couple of sets this morning.
Monday I played around in gym with some heavy weights. Mostly Hammer Strength machines and some arm work.
HS shoulder press pyramid up to 1x6@ 270
HS chest press pyramid working up to several singles @ 320

Diet
Been spot on since Sunday. I've been Ifing for over 2 months now. I'm finding it more and more difficult to take in the "clean" calories I need to. I have almost no appetite throughout the day. This week I've added a morning meal which I think is whats killing my appetite. I think my diet timing is what I need to work on the most. I really need to clean up my weekend eating too.

I always, always feel better on almost zero carbs. I still haven't forced any fruit into my diet. If I don't add any fruit and stay meat veggies what vitamins/minerals do you guys suggest I use?
Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc?

Until next time!

"Hard training, easy combat; easy training, hard combat" -Marshal Suvorov

In Ferrum, Veritas
Max Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote