View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 01:43 PM   #47
Kevin Perry

Spent the past week working on a new program. Came up with a 12 week strength and conditioning program to follow completely filled out for each week. Im going on 4 week cycles. First 4 weeks strictly strength oriented, next 4 weeks metcon oriented with a couple strength days, and the next 4 weeks back to strength training.

I'll be practicing snatch, and clean & jerk since the first week of december i'll start training with an Oly coach but I don't expect to see much in the way of strength gains. I try to follow paleo as much as possible but being busy with work, family, friends, school, I just don't have the time or the money to put towards it. So I try to follow a high protein and fat diet and make sure i get at least 1 gram of protein per lbs/bodyweight and plenty of fish oil to counter any muscle loss.

Im not interested in adding mass right now, just building strength as much as I can. Im gonna change the WODs around frequently and add rest days as needed.

Lessons learned from the last program. My body can't handle back squats 3 times a week but if I change workouts around and add assistant exercises and do at least one front squat a week I tend to not feet as tired or over trained. I try to listen to my body as much as possible.
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote