View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
Robb Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike ODonnell View Post
I found this interesting, and made me think to pose the question...What is people's opinion on rapid eccentric training/deceleration training, what do you find it most useful for, and how often would you encorporate it into a program?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BTb13TqL2...related&search
...although the Bosu thing at the end..why do I picture my hands sliding off and my face smashing into it.

I like this type of training...I've coined a unique term for it. Olympic Weight lifting! I know this might start a pissing match but the Elite fitness guys are great at cooking up stuff that is almost like Olifting...without Olifting! The band front squats/back squats are cool...what about cleans and snatch balances? Bands to increase rate of acceleration while jumping off a box? How about jumping off a taller box so Vmax at impact is greater?

I guess I'm just a simpleton but all the bands, chains and what-not of the PL'ing world (mainly WestSide) seems like a lot of gear and gizmos compared to learning the Olifts, box jumps, some glute ham work and learning the elements of tumbling like snap downs and round offs. I think the deceleration training is legit but having PL'ed and OL'ed I think more is to be gained, particularly for athletic endeavors, by learning the OL's and basics of tumbling.

The pistol whipping may now commence!

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote