View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 12:26 PM   #13
cori rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Shaw View Post
Cori, I realize that you're only a few days into your new paleo diet and changing habits takes time but so far you seem to be eating the same meals with only minor variations each day.
It's been estimated that paleolithic hunter-gatherers regulary made use of over 100 different plant foods and it's this variety of plants foods that you should be aiming for in your diet as it's the only way of ensuring that you're getting the widest variety of phytonutrients available.
I appreciate the input, and if it were up to me, I'd be utilizing EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN (and earth I guess) in regard to variety, but I don't have the opportunity to do that at this time. As I said before, I'm deployed and using every resource I can possibly imagine JUST to get the stuff I'm getting now. Sure, I could eat the crappy chili-mac and "questionable meat fried steak" for variety, but I'm NOT prepared to do that. For now, I'm just gonna have to suck it up and get what I can.
After these two weeks on the paleo/zone, I might try something else for two weeks and see how they compare. Right now, I'm feeling good with my meals and like getting a ton of veggies (despite the lack of options or variety). Like I said, I was shocked when I plugged the food into FITDAY and got those cals. I was expecting something along the lines of 1700+. I enjoy the input though, thanks.
cori rock is offline   Reply With Quote