View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 11:55 PM   #1
Brandon Enos

Default Yet another Starting Strength question...

Im coming to the end of my third week of Starting Strength. After week 4, I was going to add in pullups/chins and dips as described in this breakdown of Starting Strength; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=99822. I was also going to add in clean pulls to practice as an additional exercsie for Fridays since I decided to replace the cleans with rows since Im not very used to barbell cleans and, while the above description says do arm work on Fridays, I dont care to much about asthetics.

My question is, at the end of the 4th week. Should I just continue into week 5, keep progressing the same and what not, and just add in the assistance work (note, Im already doing weighted hanging leg raises for abdominal work)? Should I drop the weight by x% at the start of the 5th week and progress back up from there and add in the assistance exercises? Or should I take a week off, do bodyweight only stuff or maybe just random GPP stuff, and then go back to the barbell, with the assistance exercises, at x% of my last weight?

Why Ive exercised off and on for that last few years, never stuck with a single program this long (very, very sad, I know) and I dont know anything about periodization (sp?), deweighting, etc, etc, so a little advice whould be appreciated.
Brandon Enos is offline   Reply With Quote