View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 05:08 AM   #530
Derek Simonds

Monday May 12

BJJ Fundamentals and Advanced 2:30 hours

Worked a lot of different positions, since I didn't write this right away I have forgotten a lot of the details. The highlight for me was trapping an arm in side control and spinning around into an armbar. I use side control extensively in my game and I find myself in this position a ton. It happens mainly when the bottom person does a kind of bear hug with one arm under and one arm over. The best part was I was training with another blue and we were drilling the move and when we started grappling we were about halfway through and he sticks his arm through and realizes when I lock it up that this was the move we were just practicing. We both got a chuckle out of it.

I also grappled with a dude that was out of control. He was smaller than me but strong as an ox and crazy. I ended up with a bruised nose, a huge cut / rub burn in my eyebrow and a big scratch under my eye. it was interesting because he moved so fast and so crazy you just neverr knew where he was going to be.
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe, is in the end, of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do. -John Ruskin
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote