View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #3
Derek Simonds

Default Great Points Josh!

I agree with you Josh. I am actually working on the whole being more relaxed and using my strength explosively. In traditional gi grappling I do a better job of relaxing.

In no gi I think that I am making up for my lack of experience / technique by using my strength. There were several times last night where I had managed to work my way into a dominant position but was unable to apply the correct technique to finish the match.

I definitely need to work the game better so that I am more relaxed and have less energy use. I am much more comfortable when I am pushing the action or being aggressive rather than waiting for my opponent to bring it to me.

I am confident that just being on the mat will help develop the sport specific strength, relaxation and confidence I need. Part of the reason I am asking is because I travel a lot with my job and one thing I can do every day is get in some sort of physical exercise. It is much more difficult to find a place to practice BJJ that doesn't charge $25 or $50 visitors mat fee for one night or is an hour drive from where I am working.

Thanks again for the advice you are right on the money.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote