View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 07:39 AM   #59
Yuen Sohn

Hi Arien,
Not sure if you've seen this article on the 20/20:
http://www.mikesgym.org/articles/ind...&articleID=107

Most notably

Quote:
When a lifter hits a sticking point, he should drop back 20 or 30 pounds from his top training weight and drill, doing perhaps ten reps. Suppose our 95 kg. snatcher had one made 92.5 on his 21st rep before getting stuck. Mills would suggest he take 80 kg. or 85 kg. for ten reps, striving to eliminate technical flaws. During the next workout, he would resume the regular method of 21 lifts. If the weights still donít increase, one of two steps must be taken. Either rest ďfor one or two training periods, and that means donít lift weights at allĒ or take a few weeks on the York courses developed by Bob Hoffman.
I'm following a similar program, but I only perform either snatch or c&j each session with some squatting/pressing thrown in. Definitely a taxing progression and one of the coaches at LBH STRONGLY recommended I throw in a lighter day (maybe two consecutive lighter sessions) with some regularity -- either light singles with the full lift or power variants for 3-5 reps. I'd been feeling pretty wiped after a few sessions, so I followed the above, then returned to the progression and set a c&j PR.

Not sure how you feel about it, but something about this style of program really clicks with me -- having to hit 15 consecutive snatches plus the heavier attempts is a tremendous mental workout. OK, enough blahblahblah from me
Yuen Sohn is offline   Reply With Quote