View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:15 AM   #60
Arien Malec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoon Sohn View Post
Hi Arien,
Not sure if you've seen this article on the 20/20:
http://www.mikesgym.org/articles/ind...&articleID=107
Yep, and also the Power and Bulk posted stuff from Gary.

That's where I got the idea to drill at 50, but perhaps I need to take it down a bit farther, like 45.

I've got a forced break coming up as well (a little R&R in the mountains), so the resting side is covered :-). I'm getting some nagging twinges here and there, so I think I'm due...

Quote:
I'm following a similar program, but I only perform either snatch or c&j each session with some squatting/pressing thrown in.
I find that I miss the time away if I don't snatch or c&j each session. Perhaps a light snatch + a 20 rep c&j and the reverse + pressing/squatting, alternating with a full-on 20/20 session.

Quote:
Definitely a taxing progression and one of the coaches at LBH STRONGLY recommended I throw in a lighter day (maybe two consecutive lighter sessions) with some regularity -- either light singles with the full lift or power variants for 3-5 reps.
Great advice...

Quote:
Not sure how you feel about it, but something about this style of program really clicks with me -- having to hit 15 consecutive snatches plus the heavier attempts is a tremendous mental workout. OK, enough blahblahblah from me
By the end of the c&j training, there's this little voice saying "quit! quit!".... It was very satisfying to tell that voice to shut the hell up and go on to make all 21 reps!
Arien Malec is offline   Reply With Quote