View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 08:47 PM   #9
John Vernon

Yeah buddy! I did that MSU program about a year ago. I started during winter break from school and wrapped up during the first few weeks of school. I'll have to find my old training log that's somewhere in storage to get the specifics. I do remember making great gains in my O-lifting, set a PR in both my lifts.

I cut my met-con down to 1-2 days a week, or I would cut it out completely and focus on BJJ. Which happened to be where I noticed the biggest difference. I was able to roll with some pretty hefty dudes and get them out of their game because they weren't able to overpower me like other guys at 170 pounds.

One thing is for sure, it will kick your ass. Once those workouts start doubling up get some rest, eat, & stretch, my homework definitely suffered at that time but it was my last semester. I developed a pretty good case of PT in my right knee towards the end of the cycle. It was a lot of fun though, I might do it again some time but I like your idea about getting some serious training in before starting it again...I am definitely not even close to being able to start that again anytime soon.

Good luck.
John Vernon is offline   Reply With Quote