View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #7
Chris Salvato

Greg,

Thanks so much.

I never learned so much about my power/technique lifts in only 1 post before.

But I do have some questions/comments based on your advice... I hope you don't mind as I am always trying to learn as much as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Everett View Post
I'm not going to comment on the squat and DL because Rippetoe and I do things differently there and you're doing his thing, so keep doing it.
What do you do differently from Rip? And why? My squat still needs some work, though its mostly OK, i think. I am just curious as to your take.

You don't necessarily need to explain here or link me, just let me know where I can find info on your approach if you can

Quote:
2. Sorry, Chris, but DON'T put the bar over your mid-foot and set up like that. As I said, if you want to DL like that, fine, but a clean is not a DL. The bar will be over the base of your toes and your arms vertical in the start.
No apology necessary. I know it needs work...thats why I posted it. If I thought it was perfect and was posting it to fish for compliments, that would make me a pretty shitty trainee

I'll try your technique.

Quote:
3. Your pull is actually pretty good. Work on changing directions at the top faster and not picking your feet up so much. Remember, the feet only move out, not up.
Thanks! i have actually been getting a lot of shit from someone on my pull. They have been telling me to give up cleaning all together because it sucks so bad. While i didn't believe them, having you say that it is good totally negates that point all together, since you clearly have more experience.

Once again, I really appreciate everyone's help and input!
Chris Salvato is offline   Reply With Quote