View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #1
Derek Weaver

Default Derek's Garage Experiment

So I decided to join in over here and keep a training log. This should be my longest post in this log, so don't worry that if you stop by that you'll be reading a novel each time.

A little primer. In the spirit of Gant's hybrid threads, I took up the endeavor for myself. The problem was that I reached a point of over reaching very quickly, as the last 4 or 5 weeks I have been nursing an achy right hip.

This time I am going with a semi-MEBB, semi-hybrid approach in that I'm working one "core" lift per day/3 days per week with heavy, short metcons 3-4 days/week. The main lifts for the next 4 weeks are: hang cleans, front squats, rack jerks.

the "template" will be a work in progress, so please, comment, constructively criticize or criticize non-constructively, so long as it helps the learning curve.

For today, 8/11/2008:
Hang Clean 5-5-5-5-5
95 lbs
115 lbs.
Grip was a big factor. 155 was about 2 lbs. shy of body weight. I had more in the tank in terms of strength, but I'm going to need to add in a fair amount of grip work.

Good news though, 155 is a PR as I've never gone for a ME hang clean or 5rm hang clean. PRs are easy to set when it's a first go round.

Metcon was kind of like Heavy Fran, but not:
5- 135 lb. thrusters
5- 35 lb. weighted pull ups\
5 rounds/time.

Pretty weak 9.30. The hang cleans taxed me more metabolically than I though. Plus, thrusters are my nemesis, so they shall get plenty of attention in metcons for a while.
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote