Thread: Allen's Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 09:50 AM   #484
Allen Yeh

Default Goal Recap - August 19, 2008

Goals by end of 2008: - Arm injury is forcing me to reevaluate all my goals, goals are in most important to least.

1. Bodyfat/bodyweight reduction
Why: I know I had this in my log before but that was for aesthetic purposes, this time I'm putting it here due to being diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and I'm unwilling to be hooked into a C-pap machine in order to sleep for the rest of my life and I'm sure as HECK not going to let some doctor laser/rotorrooter out tissue from the inside of my throat. FORGET THAT.
How: Weight loss has been a focus for the last 3 weeks and it seems like things are going ok. Financial burdens are going to prevent me from doing a liquid diet during the day and solid meal at night type thing, instead I'll be going with IF and low-carb eating. No more mass gaining allowed for me. I will to focus on upping my strength without upping my weight.

2. 7:00 mile by September 2008, 35:00/5 mile by End of January 2009
Why: I recently spoke to someone who just graduated from Basic Officer Leader Course II and III in May and he told me they were running at a 7:00/mile pace all the time at 5 miles a pop. I know this goal is going to compromise all my strength goals but until I graduate that course next year running needs to be my priority.
How: I've been running pretty consistently for the past 2 months and I know the first part is almost there. I'm pretty concerned about the 2nd part though where I'll have to string together consecutive 7:00 miles. I've been running 400's and 800's and decreasing my rest times as well as longer distance runs.

3. Rehab left arm, tendonosis in left forarm/elbow area
Why: Because I find full use of my left arm pretty damn useful!
How: I've been avoiding anything exercise wise or not that hurts my arm along with a good dose of stretching and eccentric exercises targeting the area. Heat needs to be applied but I've been slacking in this aspect.

4. 300 Front squat
Why: Because I'll go crazy if all I do is running for the next 6+ months
How: Right now I'm going with a 5 x 5 and making steady progress. Once I stall for more than 2-3 weeks in a row then I'll switch up my methods, I think right now I'm sitting at ~250 for 1. If I get 300 early then I'll adjust fire and get a loftier goal. I'm just afraid to pile too much onto the plate since the running thing is a priority.

Last edited by Allen Yeh : 08-20-2008 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Details added along with some fixes
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote