View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #31
Greg Everett
Administrator

The issue with the programming section is that it's either the current version, or so epic it requires its own book - and to be honest, I think readers of that book are not really in need of much more than that. There are a few minor things I'm going to add to the second edition, but if one is buying a book that teaches the lifts, that individual is certainly not in need of extremely complex programming information. Programming is way over-thought by most and throwing piles of more information into the mix - in my experience - just prevents them from making the gains they could because they're too busy trying to create some kind of ultimate program that doesn't exist when they'd be better served by squatting, snatching and CJing by intuition 5x/week. Of course, it's my fault for not making that point in the book to explain why the information is as concise as it is.

"Without a doubt the best book on the market about Olympic-style weightlifting." - Mike Burgener, USAW Senior International Coach

American Weightlifting: The Documentary
Catalyst Athletics
Performance Menu Journal
Greg Everett is offline   Reply With Quote