View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
Robb Wolf

Mark-
I'm a gymnastics hack (actually I'm a hack at most things!) but I think itís just a matter of picking some elements and designing some progressions to achieve those goals. I think basic tumbling- handstand, front roll, back roll, extensions rolls, pirotes, aerials, handsprings, flips) and ring work-MU, front/back lever, kip-to-support, back roll to support, press to HS, skin-the-cat...these two elements I think are very accessible and offer the most transferability to general athleticism. Just my opinion but you can get strong as hell on the rings and can do some fun/cool elemental tumbling FAIRLY easily.

In this way also you can work elements on an as needed basis. Need some metcon? 10 snap downs (handstand snapping down into a round off landing), 10 pull-ups, 10 Twinkie hugs-rounds in 12 minutes for example.

We will certainly be looking at more of this in the future and have some cool projects in the works.

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote