View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #28
ryan mac

This morning went really well. I have made a slight adjustment to my warm up sets, in order to limit their affect on my work sets. I was very focused on getting all reps on my back squat. I was expecting a major fight on the last reps of my work sets. I was pleasantly surprised.

Squat: really no threat of missing any reps. this seemed easier than my 175 work sets on Friday. I continue to gain weight and I had two recovery days. Impossible to say at this point which one made a difference or if it was some combination. I'm very happy with this progression. I'm optimistic that I will be able to increase in my future workouts.
180x5x3

Bench Press: well I missed some reps at this weight on Wednesday of last week. I kept the same weight, planning on getting all reps. I did. It will be interesting to see if I can continue to go up here as this was very heavy and the last rep was a battle
180x5x3

Power Clean: I continue to work on my form, which feels good at the lower weights. But when it gets heavy, I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. It's sloppy as all hell. I missed two reps, which I attribute to form issues. But I did each of those reps again so the work sets were complete
150x5x3

The challenge will be to see how the body handles the heavier weight, particularly the squat on a shorter rest period. I might move the workout to Thursday morning if I decide to ride on Tuesday night.

I started SS on Aug. 4th @ 182 to 183lbs. I weighed in yesterday at 197lbs. Things are going as good as I could expect.
ryan mac is offline   Reply With Quote