View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 07:34 AM   #32
ryan mac

199#'s I have been nursing a very stiff back for the past couple of days. It loosened up a lot yesterday with the help of some advil. This morning was in jeopardy. However, when I woke up I felt good to go. I really wanted to do this WO since I will be out of town for the next 5 days.

Squat: Still feel good on this. The weight was heavy, but I really didn't feel like I was going to miss. In fact, on the last rep of the last set, I did a 1 sec. pause in the hole. I didn't have too much of a problem standing up. It didn't hurt to watch some Ripp vids on Friday of last week talking about hip drive.
190x5x3

Bench Press: This is my second time to complete all reps at 180lbs. I might be able to go up 5lbs on the next one, but I might miss too. I guess I need some washers
180x5x3

Cleans: Out of time. Due to my travels I was more interested in spending the morning with my daughter and son. No big deal/

I'm happy to keep going up in weight on the squat. It's the focus of my work. As long as that happens I will be happy. Finally, my squat has handily passed my bench, so that is good news right there. I'm definitely accumulating some fat around the mid section. I'm also noticeably bigger in my chest, upper legs and glutes. The wife even commented. Things are going as planned.
ryan mac is offline   Reply With Quote