View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 10:54 PM   #21
Derek Weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Emery View Post
Man, maybe i should be eating more.

Here is a quote from Rippetoe on StrengthMill forum when members asked what he used to eat.

---------------

"Okay, you want to know what I ate. I have eaten a dozen eggs for breakfast before, but always ate 6 with toast and milk, and 5 bowls of raisin bran was quite normal until my members asked to stop doing that. I have eaten 11 10-oz. steaks at an all-you-can-eat steak deal -- several of us went there, and the special was discontinued the following week. I have eaten 4 very large plates of spaghetti and meat sauce in 30 minutes. I have eaten 15 pork chops + vegetables at the Olympic Training Center back when the food was really good. I have eaten 225 shrimp in an hour. At a seafood buffet in Michigan, I ate 10 lobsters and the claws off of 10 more, in addition to shrimp, crab legs, lobster bisque, clam chowder, and bread, in 2 hours. I have eaten 7 big bowls of Mongolian BBQ. I have had a gallon of milk in less than 30 minutes. I was very expensive to feed, but I am told by reputable sources that I was absolutely nothing compared to Phil Grippaldi."

And folks, for weight-gaining purposes, "eating clean" is not a useful concept. Big Macs are.
-----------------------------

Just a note to everyone else, if you have not drank milk for a few months don't go and try to drink half a gallon of whole milk in a day. That evening was not a pleasant one.

Anton
It may not have been pleasant, but I'll bet it was hilarious. Good work on the eating. I saw that post by Rip on the Strength Mill. That is real eating. Makes me feel like a pussy.

How's the progress going?
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote