Burgener WU - 45 x 1
clean and push jerks - 45 x 3, 95 x 2, 145 x 1, 195 x 1 + clean missed jerk,
clean and split jerk - 195 x 2, 195 x 1 + clean missed jerk
(rest - 1-2 minutes)

clean pulls - 195 x 3, 245 x 3, 245 x 2, 245 x 3
(rest - 1 minute)

front squat - 195 x 3, 215 x 3, 225 x 3, 225 x 2(stuck in hole on 3rd), 195 x 3
(rest - 1 - 2 minutes)

rack jerk - 145 x 1 (left elbow felt WEIRD), 95 x 3, 95 x 3(focused on keeping scap retracted and elbow weirdness went away), 145 x 3

3. Metcon
Pullups on the minute, increasing reps as time increases, i.e. 1 first minute, 2 second minute...etc

Results: 7 minutes - elbow started aching on the 4 set, but I stupidly thought I should push through it, it was screaming by the 7th minute.

Notes:
-First real cleaning session since my forearm sidelined me. Felt good overall
-C+J - first time really c+j'ing in months, the cleans actually felt pretty decent I guess due to all the power cleans I've been doing recently, the jerks felt off, I need to decrease the weight a little and do more doubles/triples I think
-clean pulls - way easy, focused on keeping good positioning and not turning it into a deadlift+shrug
-front squat - The 2nd set of 225 I just got stuck in the hole, I think I'll stick with either 5 sets of 3 or 3 of 3 around this weight for the next few weeks. I really want to up my front squat, maybe a trip down 10 x 3 is in order? I'll investigate and figure this out by next week
-rack jerk - a glaring weakness is my jerk, always has been, and not working it for months didn't help it out any, need to work up my volume a little bit as doing 1 heavier one just wears me out
-Pullup on the minute - This was just stupid, I haven't done kipping pullups in months coupled with the fact that I haven't done that many reps in months either, so my elbow started hurting after the 3rd or 4th set and the 7th set was enough. STUPID!
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote