View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #10
Adam Gagliardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arden Cogar Jr. View Post
Adam,
Yep, I'm in WV.

Dave sums it up greatly above.

Brian's training is unworldly. He normally Benches MWF and follows it up with assistance work. He squats and deads Tuesday and Saturday. Thursday is an active recovery day. If he's doing a strongman comp he fits the events in on Thursday and Sunday. yeah....insane, but he does it and the volume is unreal. The weights moved are unreal. I watched him, during the same week, do the following bench workouts - Monday, speed day 405 for 10 sets of 3. Wednesday close grip day - 545x3x3. Friday, regular bench day 585x3x5. All raw. Then on Thursday and Sunday he was axle clean and pressing 325lb for 90 seconds for two to three sets.

Phil's template is very similar to what is written in Nick's training log. Static strength barbell movement followed by unstable surface movement (normally bodyweight). Weights and movements are shifted from week to week and the heavy event days don't begin until about 6 to 8 weeks out from a show. The event training consumes the last 6 to 8 weeks with the ocassional deadlift, squat, or overhead session depending upon if those events are part of the comp.

Good luck and go heavy.

All the best,
Arden

I've read Brian's old log on his site...i could not believe the volume and weight he uses on a consistent basis...amazing.
Adam Gagliardi is offline   Reply With Quote