View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 05:52 PM   #13
Arden Cogar Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mounce View Post
I'm really enjoying the thread, problem is I'm too short at 5'11", and the ejection seat has a max weight. Strongman would be fun as hell as I put on muscle and weight very easily when I eat myself silly. Oh well, not in this life, maybe I'll come back as a 6'5" Viking.
George,
Let me tell you something, Marius is listed as 5'11". However, I had an opportunity to meet him when the WSM was in Charleston this year. If he's 5'11", I'm 6'1". I'd say he's closer to 5'8" or 5'9". Moreover, Derek Poundstone is not much taller. Darren Sadler is maybe 5'6". Jarek Dymek is not more than 5'7".

Yep, that height helps tons. Especially in the leverage events. But the cross training benefits of strongman events (on the lighter side) are great, if not awesome , GPP.

I've often joked that I'd love to take a bunch of xfitters on a lumberjack "wood run." Basically, I go out in the woods, find a tree as close to the road as I can, fall the tree, cut the tree up into 26" long blocks, then shoulder and carry the blocks out of the woods and throw them in the back of my truck. If the blocks are too big to carry, I'll wollow the bastards out of the woods, and find a way to get them in the back of my truck.

GPP at it's finest - like strongman - it's kinda like real work.

All the best,
Arden
Arden Cogar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote