View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #15
Chris Salvato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris H Laing View Post
I've only been on it for a month, but its already getting boring. Also my bodyweight is under 150, or maybe right at 150 now, which is one reason I started SS.

I think I might be experiencing some setbacks then. Maybe the weight is getting heavy enough now that form actually matters.

Thats not my absolute end all goal, thats just what I want to be at when I switch to the program steven made for me( that and at least a 315 deadlift). The new program still has a good amount of heavy lifting, but also involves a lot of gymnastic strength moves which is what I'm really interested in. And no I'm not a female

I guess I just need to suck it up and stop being a bitch about it. Thanks for the pep talk. It was just what I needed.
One month is WAY too short to start thinking about changing...

One thing that I should stress about the program is that it gets fun. VERY fun. The fun comes when you start shocking yourself. I remember once I put 275 on the squat rack by ACCIDENT and got it up for 2 reps until I realized I made a mistake and failed on my 3rd rep. Then less than 2 weeks later I did 275x3x5. That's when it gets really fun. New things are always frustrating and boring. Wait until you get to be like a bull and people start staring at you in the gym for moving heavy things around unlike anyone else there.

In retrospect, I didn't have a decent handle proper form until maybe about the end of the 2nd month in. Even by my 4th month in I was still learning new things about form on ALL my lifts.

I never meant to imply that you were girlie in some way, just 225 is a very very very modest goal for someone of your size.

Its a learning experience. Enjoy the journey. You will be a lot stronger (mentally and physically) because of it and you will be a lot better at moving heavy things in your life...which is never bad.

The real take-home-point here is that until you max out linear progression on the core lifts, you will ALWAYS be short changing yourself on your core lifts and secondary goals. The core lifts cause the most [good] damage to your body, hands down and every other lift will benefit by doing these lifts heavy. If you wait to progress to a more advanced program, you will benefit more greatly from it...IMHO anyway.
Chris Salvato is offline   Reply With Quote