View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #3
Derek Simonds

I have read about and discussed this a couple of times. I don't have an answer for you. I have always heard that anything more then 10% was too much to cut but I really have no idea if there is any basis in fact. I know that I have cut from 191 to 184 in 1 day without even really doing anything other than moderating intake and little sweat work in the garage. I have a couple of friends that were wrestlers and at the last tournament one of them overshot their target weight and lost like an extra 7 lb's. He thought it was funny. I thought it was crazy that he could do that.

IF you feel good and can moderate your intake before the tourney I wouldn't worry about it. Just get your game plan drilled into your mind and be ready for the adrenaline dump that is competition.

If you get a chance post some video I love watching other guys comps. What division or divisions are you competing in? I am guessing it this tourney.

Looks like a good one. Kick some serious arse and come tell us about it.
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe, is in the end, of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do. -John Ruskin
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote