View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Default Split snatch/c&j pointers

Hi everyone,

I've been following the CA WOD for almost 12 weeks now with great succes but I tweaked something in my right knee last Monday and it prevents me from being in a squat position.

In an attempt to rest the knee, I've stopped all squatting and started practicing the split versions on both snatch and c&j and it doesn't bother my knee at all which is great. I just have a question about the pulling : is there a difference in the angle of the final pull between regular snatch/clean and the split versions ?

It's been a blur for my positionning, I often feel like the bar is a little too in front of me, so I'm not sure if it's because I have to pull it more backwards or is it because my jumping is off and making me lean back ? It seems to me like the final pulls should be identical and that I should catch it like a split jerk staying on the same spot, but I'm having doubts.

I'm going to start squatting again next week and stick to the splits a little longer, so I'd be happy to figure that one out a little better

Thank you in advance,

Rich
Richard Vanmeerbeek is offline   Reply With Quote